Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Fever, literally!

My husband is on spring break now and so am I since I have been subbing lately.

Unfortunately we both have come down with something. Yesterday we were going to go to the roller derby and had to turn around. It really crept up on us. Being sick is hard on anyone, but it hits me so hard due to my other health issues. I've actually been doing really well health wise. Being vegan this past year (from previously vegetarian) helped me a lot. I had a lot of problems healing from a series of 5 surgeries that I had and switching to vegan helped my wounds finally heal. For the past two months I've also been eating very low glycemic. I have to be gluten free due to Celiacs (ha, my immune system is wild!) and I've had an aversion to sugar for awhile (not liking the taste). Then at some point I started to have what I thought was a daily panic attack. It turned out to be caused by hypoglycemia. Two days on a low glycemic diet and I've no panic attacks in two months!

Sometime I'll write a proper food post. I do love food. :D

For now, I'm going to lay in bed and attempt to get well. I have plans for Tuesday and we do want to enjoy his time off. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment