Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hiking among Giants


I've been substituting for a single teacher for two weeks now. I'm not teaching for her on Monday, but I am teaching. Yay!

Friday we took some of the students hiking in the rain. Oh my Goth. Perfect weather for me as the cold and rain kept the bugs and pollen away! I love the look of green on gray days and I love the rain. Yes, to me it's only beautiful outside when it's very overcast.

We live on the edge of a vast forest. Part of this forest include small cliff areas like this one. It was a gorgeous hike and I actually felt better after it. However, the next day wow I was so incredibly exhausted, beyond reckoning. If I had been on my own it would have been a more spiritual experience, but maybe my husband and I can go out there soon on a rainy day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, where exactly is that place located. It looks amazing, very nice to be there!

    Greets,
    Holiday Rentals Saas Fee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love the west coast, it's like that all the time and no bugs! I'm so glad you got to have that experience and are teaching. Yes, it'll be much more spiritual on your own with your hubby. Nicely done but it is hard when we pay the price for it the next day. Such a balancing act.

    ReplyDelete