Monday, March 26, 2012

Yay!

Thanks new followers and everyone else following me too! I received the most page views ever yesterday! Huzzah for food!

I wasn't called in to substitute today, so I took advantage of the free time to work on some projects and go for a walk. Walking is one of the few exercises that my body tolerates currently. This is kind of shame, as I used to lift weights regularly and do very challenging hikes. However, I can still do gentle Pilates and take walks.

The pollen count was on red alert around us and I've been suffering from it! However, I took some meds and went for a stroll in one of my Gothic Lolita dresses. (Lolita fashion has nothing to do with the book. It's a fashion movement from Japan based on Victorian aesthetics and some other influences. You can read about it here.)

I also took my Nintendo 3DS with me. It counts the steps you take and rewards you with coins that you can use to play games. I love it!

EGL Fashion. You wear a petticoat under the skirt to get  a big pouf. 
I was also carrying an umbrella with me to ward off the sun and wearing sunscreen. Both of my parents have had skin cancer! They weren't into tanning and started out with naturally darker skin tone than I have. (I'm the only pale, blue eyed, natural blonde in the family). So I try to be very careful!

In fact, I even made a silly video about my umbrella use. This video, does not, however explain what got me started on using umbrellas to protect from the sun. Many years ago I spent a year studying abroad and teaching English in China. Almost all the women I met carried an umbrella on sunny days and I found it very useful, so I adopted the habit. 



3 comments:

  1. What a totally cool post! I loved the video, it was awesome. I usually wear a big hat to protect my face. My hands are extra sensitive, I can't carry an umbrella but you got me wondering what you could do with it to hack it? What is you painted skulls on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to paint skulls on it!

      I get the hand issue. Sometimes mine are too bad for the umbrella so I cake on the sunblock and wear a big hat.

      Delete
  2. I use umbrellas at music festivals. It is a great idea that has fallen out of fashion for some reason. Better than hats and sun block combined!

    ReplyDelete