Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo and Skyrim

Most of my regular gaming is on hold this month as I work on completing a novel for National Novel Writing Month.  When it's done this will be the fourth novel I've written, but I think it's the only one I'm going to try to publish.  The other three are a combination of historical/fantasy and are too settings/plot driven to the detriment of the characters and dialogue.  It's taken me a long time to write good dialogue and I'm challenging myself to write a story in a contemporary setting that is character driven.  The novel is a horror novel about a metal band led by a young woman.

That said I continue to meet with table-top group to play a quick Pathfinder (a game like Dungeons and Dragons) run once a week.  Completely on hold are the games I've been playing Rift, LoL, and Dragon Quest IX on my DS. 

This Thursday, however, I'll be in line at my local game store waiting to pick up my copy of Skyrim! The local manager asked me to run an hour long DnD game that has the players fighting a dragon. She told me she'd set up a table and hopes to have other games running during the wait.  This is a challenge, but I'm going to do it! I already know what the story will be and now I just need to tweak some rules to make it easy for people that may have never played before. I haven't GMed a game since Vampire four years ago, but I'm excited.

Skyrim is also exciting for me because I always buy and support games in which you can play as a female character.

No comments:

Post a Comment