Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vampire Halloween

Typically I dress in all black, but for Halloween I decided to dress up as a sort of vampire doll in all white. The veneers are flexible dental veneers that I got from Vampfangs.com and even though they come with a custom mold maker I decided it would be easier and less toxic to buy dye/additive free denture paste and stick them in with that. This proved to work out well and after a few hours with them in I got used to talking and sipping a vodka tonic with my new teeth.

The wig is from a cosplay site on Ebay and was shipped from Hong Kong (my favorite city in the world!).  The choker used to belong to a friend but she gave it to me. I happened to have it in my bag and decided it just added the right touch.




Here's the full dress. The lighting wasn't great at the tavern we went to, but the dress is an Elegant Gothic Lolita one-piece or OP from Bodyline. I love the EGL subculture, but I rarely wear my dresses because of my pain levels. Usually I think, oh blah I hurt too much to wear a dress, but it was actually
surprisingly fine.

The bands that played included one of our friend's who my husband used to be in a metal band with.  The other band that played was one of the bands that played at our wedding. They are so amazing and such kind men.  While their music sounds really brutal and loud it is their way of coping with issues like depression and even for one of them chronic illness. I can relate to that.  


All in all it was a wonderful night. The tavern had padded bar stools circa 1985 that were in great shape and very comfortable. I even did a bit of dancing. Loud music distracts me from how I feel physically and I love that!  Hubby was a black and white Mad Hatter. He looked great!

Tonight we are going to a friend's house for Halloween party number two!  I have a different costume for tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Totally love it! Both of you look amazing. So nice to meet someone who gets into the Halloween spirit like me and my husband do.

    Can I tell you how thrilled I am that you're OK with my food blog? I guess when you're vegan, you learn to be creative which is super impressive. My blog will get more mundane now and I will "pretend" to get into the Christmas spirit but I am kind of a Scrooge, to be honest. Still, there is always good food to write about.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete